Question hour in UP Assembly adjourned over cane price issue
Lucknow: Opposition parties in Uttar Pradesh on Monday created uproar in the Assembly and forced adjournment of entire question hour, demanding increase in cane prices and payment of dues to farmers.
As soon as the House met at 11 am, BJP members jumped into the Well of the House with placards demanding fixation of cane price at Rs 350 per quintal and payment of Rs 2,400 crore cane dues to farmers.
They raised slogans against the state government alleging apathetic attitude towards the cane growers.
BJP members also asked the government to "stop harassing" paddy growers of eastern UP.
RLD members also jumped in the Well on the sugarcane issue while BSP members stood on their place wearing caps with slogan "Chini mil maliko ki dalal sarkar, Akhilesh Yadav ki SaPa sarkar" (Akhilesh Yadav government is agent of sugar mill owners).
"Atmahatya karta Ganna kisan, SP sarkar bani anjaan" (While SP government is ignorant, cane farmers are forced to commit suicide), the slogan on cap of BSP members read.
Amidst din, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey asked the legislators to return to their seats as Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who was present in the House, wanted to give some statement on cane issue.
However, when the Opposition remained adamant the Speaker adjourned the House for 30 minutes initially. Later, when it met again and the Opposition stick to its stand, the entire question hour was adjourned by the Speaker.
While the BJP, RLD and BSP were taking up cane issue, Peace Party member Ayub Khan was seen with placard demanding resignation of SP government alleging death of 40 children due to cold in Muzffarnagar riot camps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections