Quota Bill brought to divert attention from Colgate issue: BJP
Lucknow: Alleging that the Congress-led UPA government was in a "hurry" over the bill on quota in promotion for SCs and STs, BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain on Thursday said that it was brought in parliament to divert the attention of people from coal block allocation issue.
"The UPA government is in a hurry over Bill on quota in promotion. It has been brought in the Parliament to divert attention of people from coal block allocation issue," Hussain told reporters here.
"We want first discussion on corruption in coal block allocation before other issues," he said, adding that if government showed positive response today, the parliament could run properly tomorrow, the last day of the monsoon session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player