Quota Bill brought to divert attention from Colgate issue: BJP
Lucknow: Alleging that the Congress-led UPA government was in a "hurry" over the bill on quota in promotion for SCs and STs, BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain on Thursday said that it was brought in parliament to divert the attention of people from coal block allocation issue.
"The UPA government is in a hurry over Bill on quota in promotion. It has been brought in the Parliament to divert attention of people from coal block allocation issue," Hussain told reporters here.
"We want first discussion on corruption in coal block allocation before other issues," he said, adding that if government showed positive response today, the parliament could run properly tomorrow, the last day of the monsoon session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown