Quota Bill brought to divert attention from Colgate issue: BJP
Lucknow: Alleging that the Congress-led UPA government was in a "hurry" over the bill on quota in promotion for SCs and STs, BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain on Thursday said that it was brought in parliament to divert the attention of people from coal block allocation issue.
"The UPA government is in a hurry over Bill on quota in promotion. It has been brought in the Parliament to divert attention of people from coal block allocation issue," Hussain told reporters here.
"We want first discussion on corruption in coal block allocation before other issues," he said, adding that if government showed positive response today, the parliament could run properly tomorrow, the last day of the monsoon session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000