Quota Bill brought to divert attention from Colgate issue: BJP
Lucknow: Alleging that the Congress-led UPA government was in a "hurry" over the bill on quota in promotion for SCs and STs, BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain on Thursday said that it was brought in parliament to divert the attention of people from coal block allocation issue.
"The UPA government is in a hurry over Bill on quota in promotion. It has been brought in the Parliament to divert attention of people from coal block allocation issue," Hussain told reporters here.
"We want first discussion on corruption in coal block allocation before other issues," he said, adding that if government showed positive response today, the parliament could run properly tomorrow, the last day of the monsoon session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened