Quota Bill brought to divert attention from Colgate issue: BJP
Lucknow: Alleging that the Congress-led UPA government was in a "hurry" over the bill on quota in promotion for SCs and STs, BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain on Thursday said that it was brought in parliament to divert the attention of people from coal block allocation issue.
"The UPA government is in a hurry over Bill on quota in promotion. It has been brought in the Parliament to divert attention of people from coal block allocation issue," Hussain told reporters here.
"We want first discussion on corruption in coal block allocation before other issues," he said, adding that if government showed positive response today, the parliament could run properly tomorrow, the last day of the monsoon session.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'