RAF deployed at Muradnagar upper Ganga canal
Ghaziabad: Rapid Action Force has been
deployed at Muradnagar upper Ganga canal, which was targeted
by a group of Jats a couple of days back seeking reservation
in higher education and government jobs, officials said today.
RAF also staged a flag march in the Jat community
dominated villages last evening and today morning.
District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar said nobody will be
allowed to take the law in hands and water supply from the
regulator will not be allowed to be disrupted again.
President of Jat Sangarsh Samiti, Yashpal Malik, who led
agitation on June 13 that forced disruption of water supply in
parts of Delhi, said the Jat community maha panchayat will
again assemble to decide the next course of action.
A group of Jats, demanding reservation in higher
education and government jobs, had blocked water supply to the
city from Upper Ganga canal in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh.
Members of the community, led by local BKU and Lok Dal
leaders, held a panchayat (meeting) in support of their demand
for quota at Muradnagar in Ghaziabad district and blocked
water supply to two water treatment plants in Delhi, which
meets about 40 per cent of the city`s total water
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre