RAF deployed at Muradnagar upper Ganga canal
Ghaziabad: Rapid Action Force has been
deployed at Muradnagar upper Ganga canal, which was targeted
by a group of Jats a couple of days back seeking reservation
in higher education and government jobs, officials said today.
RAF also staged a flag march in the Jat community
dominated villages last evening and today morning.
District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar said nobody will be
allowed to take the law in hands and water supply from the
regulator will not be allowed to be disrupted again.
President of Jat Sangarsh Samiti, Yashpal Malik, who led
agitation on June 13 that forced disruption of water supply in
parts of Delhi, said the Jat community maha panchayat will
again assemble to decide the next course of action.
A group of Jats, demanding reservation in higher
education and government jobs, had blocked water supply to the
city from Upper Ganga canal in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh.
Members of the community, led by local BKU and Lok Dal
leaders, held a panchayat (meeting) in support of their demand
for quota at Muradnagar in Ghaziabad district and blocked
water supply to two water treatment plants in Delhi, which
meets about 40 per cent of the city`s total water
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you