Rahul as UP CM? Congress dismisses report
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday dismissed reports
which spoke of possibility of projecting Rahul Gandhi as its
UP Chief Ministerial candidate.
"Rahul Gandhi has an all India image", party spokesman
Manish Tewari told reporters when asked about a report that it
was toying with the idea of projecting him as the CM candidate
in poll bound Uttar Pradesh.
Congress has always projected the 41-year old party
general secretary as its future leader and potential Prime
A section in the party at the central level as also in U
P has been underlining the need to project a CM candidate to
able to take on BSP and SP effectively.
While BSP supremo Mayawati is the incumbent Chief
Minister, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav is its CM candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city