Rahul as UP CM? Congress dismisses report
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday dismissed reports
which spoke of possibility of projecting Rahul Gandhi as its
UP Chief Ministerial candidate.
"Rahul Gandhi has an all India image", party spokesman
Manish Tewari told reporters when asked about a report that it
was toying with the idea of projecting him as the CM candidate
in poll bound Uttar Pradesh.
Congress has always projected the 41-year old party
general secretary as its future leader and potential Prime
A section in the party at the central level as also in U
P has been underlining the need to project a CM candidate to
able to take on BSP and SP effectively.
While BSP supremo Mayawati is the incumbent Chief
Minister, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav is its CM candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster