Rahul as UP CM? Congress dismisses report
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday dismissed reports
which spoke of possibility of projecting Rahul Gandhi as its
UP Chief Ministerial candidate.
"Rahul Gandhi has an all India image", party spokesman
Manish Tewari told reporters when asked about a report that it
was toying with the idea of projecting him as the CM candidate
in poll bound Uttar Pradesh.
Congress has always projected the 41-year old party
general secretary as its future leader and potential Prime
A section in the party at the central level as also in U
P has been underlining the need to project a CM candidate to
able to take on BSP and SP effectively.
While BSP supremo Mayawati is the incumbent Chief
Minister, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav is its CM candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate