Rahul as UP CM? Congress dismisses report
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday dismissed reports
which spoke of possibility of projecting Rahul Gandhi as its
UP Chief Ministerial candidate.
"Rahul Gandhi has an all India image", party spokesman
Manish Tewari told reporters when asked about a report that it
was toying with the idea of projecting him as the CM candidate
in poll bound Uttar Pradesh.
Congress has always projected the 41-year old party
general secretary as its future leader and potential Prime
A section in the party at the central level as also in U
P has been underlining the need to project a CM candidate to
able to take on BSP and SP effectively.
While BSP supremo Mayawati is the incumbent Chief
Minister, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav is its CM candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi