Rahul as UP CM? Congress dismisses report
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday dismissed reports
which spoke of possibility of projecting Rahul Gandhi as its
UP Chief Ministerial candidate.
"Rahul Gandhi has an all India image", party spokesman
Manish Tewari told reporters when asked about a report that it
was toying with the idea of projecting him as the CM candidate
in poll bound Uttar Pradesh.
Congress has always projected the 41-year old party
general secretary as its future leader and potential Prime
A section in the party at the central level as also in U
P has been underlining the need to project a CM candidate to
able to take on BSP and SP effectively.
While BSP supremo Mayawati is the incumbent Chief
Minister, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav is its CM candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS