Rahul balm for bereaved woman
Amethi (UP): Rahul Gandhi seems to have become
a `messiah` for women in his parliamentary constituency.
The Congress general secretary today accompanied a
bereaved woman to a police station and threw his weight behind
her case, a day after his intervention led two sisters hope
During roza iftar in Jagdishpur, Shameem Bano met Rahul
and accused police of failing to take any action in the murder
case of her sister Yaseen, a widow who was killed in July.
The Congress leader then went along with her to a police
station and asked a senior officer to probe into the matter.
Yaseen`s body was recovered under mysterious
circumstances from Rudauli village and a complaint was lodged
at Musafirkhana police station in this regard.
"After hearing my complaint, Rahul ji asked me and my
family members to accompany him in his vehicle to Musafirkhana
police station," Shameem said.
She said that at the police station the Congress leader
asked Deputy Superintendent of Police to himself probe into
the incident. "Rahul ji said he would inquire about the probe
in his next visit," Shameem added.
Two sisters -- Sonia and Shivani -- had yesterday halted
Rahul`s car and told him about the harassment at the hands of
their uncles after the death of their parents. They were
assured full help by him. Soon after the incident, police
department sprung into action.
Later in the day, Rahul held a meeting with elected
officer-bearers of Youth Congress from Rae Bareli and
The Congress leader said as party has to go a long way,
the youth wing leaders should visit villages and listen to the
woes of the people.
"He told us to bring people to him and he will look
into their problems and solve them," a Youth Congress
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state