Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka to visit Amethi
Amethi: Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi and his sister Priyanka will visit this constituency
on Friday to review works undertaken by women self help groups.
The brother-sister duo are arriving here to review
the works of the Mahila Pariyojna working in 12 districts of
Uttar Pradesh under the Rajiv Gandhi trust, of which both are
the trustees, Congress sources said.
Rahul Gandhi would leave for New Delhi the same
evening, while Priyanka would stay overnight at the Sanjay
Gandhi Hospital guest house and leave the next day, they said.
No official was willing to confirm the arrival of
Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka. However, the Special Protection
Guards providing security cover to the two have taken charge
at the guest house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference