Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka to visit Amethi
Amethi: Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi and his sister Priyanka will visit this constituency
on Friday to review works undertaken by women self help groups.
The brother-sister duo are arriving here to review
the works of the Mahila Pariyojna working in 12 districts of
Uttar Pradesh under the Rajiv Gandhi trust, of which both are
the trustees, Congress sources said.
Rahul Gandhi would leave for New Delhi the same
evening, while Priyanka would stay overnight at the Sanjay
Gandhi Hospital guest house and leave the next day, they said.
No official was willing to confirm the arrival of
Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka. However, the Special Protection
Guards providing security cover to the two have taken charge
at the guest house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends