Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka to visit Amethi
Amethi: Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi and his sister Priyanka will visit this constituency
on Friday to review works undertaken by women self help groups.
The brother-sister duo are arriving here to review
the works of the Mahila Pariyojna working in 12 districts of
Uttar Pradesh under the Rajiv Gandhi trust, of which both are
the trustees, Congress sources said.
Rahul Gandhi would leave for New Delhi the same
evening, while Priyanka would stay overnight at the Sanjay
Gandhi Hospital guest house and leave the next day, they said.
No official was willing to confirm the arrival of
Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka. However, the Special Protection
Guards providing security cover to the two have taken charge
at the guest house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued