Rahul Gandhi arrives unannounced in Varanasi
Varanasi: Taking the district administration
and local partymen by surprise, Congress general secretary
Rahul Gandhi arrived unannounced in the city Tuesday morning.
District Magistrate Ravindra when contacted confirmed
that the Congress MP is in the town, though he stated the
district administration was not aware of his visit.
The local unit of the party was also unaware about the
visit with Congress district president Anil Srivastava saying
that he has come to know of the arrival this morning.
According to officials, Rahul arrived at the Babatpur
airport around 10.30 AM and a cavalcade of three to four
vehicles drove him to Seer Govardhan in Lanka area where he
had darshan at the Ravidas Mandir before leaving for his
onward journey, the details of which were not known.
Earlier too, the Congress leader had undertaken such
unannounced extensive tours several times following which the
Mayawati government has written to the Centre about his
(Rahul`s) security concerns.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read