Rahul Gandhi arrives unannounced in Varanasi
Varanasi: Taking the district administration
and local partymen by surprise, Congress general secretary
Rahul Gandhi arrived unannounced in the city Tuesday morning.
District Magistrate Ravindra when contacted confirmed
that the Congress MP is in the town, though he stated the
district administration was not aware of his visit.
The local unit of the party was also unaware about the
visit with Congress district president Anil Srivastava saying
that he has come to know of the arrival this morning.
According to officials, Rahul arrived at the Babatpur
airport around 10.30 AM and a cavalcade of three to four
vehicles drove him to Seer Govardhan in Lanka area where he
had darshan at the Ravidas Mandir before leaving for his
onward journey, the details of which were not known.
Earlier too, the Congress leader had undertaken such
unannounced extensive tours several times following which the
Mayawati government has written to the Centre about his
(Rahul`s) security concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy