Rahul Gandhi arrives unannounced in Varanasi
Varanasi: Taking the district administration
and local partymen by surprise, Congress general secretary
Rahul Gandhi arrived unannounced in the city Tuesday morning.
District Magistrate Ravindra when contacted confirmed
that the Congress MP is in the town, though he stated the
district administration was not aware of his visit.
The local unit of the party was also unaware about the
visit with Congress district president Anil Srivastava saying
that he has come to know of the arrival this morning.
According to officials, Rahul arrived at the Babatpur
airport around 10.30 AM and a cavalcade of three to four
vehicles drove him to Seer Govardhan in Lanka area where he
had darshan at the Ravidas Mandir before leaving for his
onward journey, the details of which were not known.
Earlier too, the Congress leader had undertaken such
unannounced extensive tours several times following which the
Mayawati government has written to the Centre about his
(Rahul`s) security concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed