Rahul Gandhi interacts with leading agriculturists
Amethi: Taking keen interest in development of farmers in his constituency, Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday spent time with about 50 leading agriculturists who have excelled in their respective fields.
During a hectic tour, Gandhi drove to Kadu Nala guest house of the forest department and interacted for over an hour with individuals who have achieved major gains through programmes of the Government of India and latest technical know-how, Congress sources said.
During the interaction, farmers who excelled in the fields of poultry, fisheries and bee-keeping among others told him about their success stories and how they had managed to overcome the challenges to improve their economy.
The agriculturists, while sharing their experiences, also apprised him of their problems and how they overcome them.
They also told him about measures required for helping farmers improve their lot and how their problems could be resolved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan