Rahul Gandhi meets Muzzafarnagar riot victims, urges them to return
Zee Media Bureau
Muzaffarnagar: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi visited the victims of Muzaffarnagar riots on Sunday and urged them to return to their villages.
The Gandhi scion asked the victims residing in relief camps in Shamli district and asked them as to what could be done so that they feel comfortable in returning to their homes.
He also told the riot victims that the purpose of those who orchestrated the clashes was to ensure that they do not return to their homes.
Around 65 people were killed and 85 others were injured in communal clashes that took place in Muzaffarnagar in September.
Thousands of people fled their homes after the riots and several of them have refused to return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?