Rahul Gandhi meets Muzzafarnagar riot victims, urges them to return
Zee Media Bureau
Muzaffarnagar: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi visited the victims of Muzaffarnagar riots on Sunday and urged them to return to their villages.
The Gandhi scion asked the victims residing in relief camps in Shamli district and asked them as to what could be done so that they feel comfortable in returning to their homes.
He also told the riot victims that the purpose of those who orchestrated the clashes was to ensure that they do not return to their homes.
Around 65 people were killed and 85 others were injured in communal clashes that took place in Muzaffarnagar in September.
Thousands of people fled their homes after the riots and several of them have refused to return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves