Rahul Gandhi meets Muzzafarnagar riot victims, urges them to return
Zee Media Bureau
Muzaffarnagar: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi visited the victims of Muzaffarnagar riots on Sunday and urged them to return to their villages.
The Gandhi scion asked the victims residing in relief camps in Shamli district and asked them as to what could be done so that they feel comfortable in returning to their homes.
He also told the riot victims that the purpose of those who orchestrated the clashes was to ensure that they do not return to their homes.
Around 65 people were killed and 85 others were injured in communal clashes that took place in Muzaffarnagar in September.
Thousands of people fled their homes after the riots and several of them have refused to return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!