Rahul Gandhi meets Muzzafarnagar riot victims, urges them to return
Zee Media Bureau
Muzaffarnagar: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi visited the victims of Muzaffarnagar riots on Sunday and urged them to return to their villages.
The Gandhi scion asked the victims residing in relief camps in Shamli district and asked them as to what could be done so that they feel comfortable in returning to their homes.
He also told the riot victims that the purpose of those who orchestrated the clashes was to ensure that they do not return to their homes.
Around 65 people were killed and 85 others were injured in communal clashes that took place in Muzaffarnagar in September.
Thousands of people fled their homes after the riots and several of them have refused to return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why