Rahul Gandhi meets slain DSP’s family in UP
Lucknow: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday met the family of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq at his native village and extended his condolences over the police officer`s murder.
The Congress leader drove from Gorakhpur to Deoria to meet the Haq`s family and extend his condolences on the killing of the DSP in Kunda area of Pratapgarh district last week.
Heavy security arrangements were made in the village and media personnel were also stopped at a distance from the slain police officer`s house.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav few days back had met the family members and gave ex-gratia cheque of Rs 20 lakh.
Condemning the killing of the Yadav duo, which resulted in the arson and mob violence that claimed the senior official last weekend, the chief minister had said the incident was tragic and said the state government would leave no stone unturned to hunt down the culprits.
Zia-ul-Haq, posted as Circle Officer in Kunda town, was allegedly killed by a mob in Pratapgarh when he had rushed there after village head Nanhe Yadav was shot dead over a land dispute. The village head`s brother Suresh also died of gunshot wounds.
In the FIR lodged by the DSP`s widow Parveen, she has accused former state minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya of conspiring to kill her husband.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had late Wednesday night taken over the sensational case and Thursday began the probe into the killing of Haq and the Bilaspur village headman Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav.
Four others - Rohit Singh, Guddu Singh, Om Srivastava and Gulshan Yadav - have also been accused in the Haq murder case. Following his name figuring in the FIR filed by Parveen, Raja Bhaiya had quit the one-year-old Akhilesh Yadav ministry.
With agencies inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Vodafone launches 4G services in Haryana; get 20 GB data at just Rs 999
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital