Rahul Gandhi meets slain DSP’s family in UP
Lucknow: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday met the family of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq at his native village and extended his condolences over the police officer`s murder.
The Congress leader drove from Gorakhpur to Deoria to meet the Haq`s family and extend his condolences on the killing of the DSP in Kunda area of Pratapgarh district last week.
Heavy security arrangements were made in the village and media personnel were also stopped at a distance from the slain police officer`s house.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav few days back had met the family members and gave ex-gratia cheque of Rs 20 lakh.
Condemning the killing of the Yadav duo, which resulted in the arson and mob violence that claimed the senior official last weekend, the chief minister had said the incident was tragic and said the state government would leave no stone unturned to hunt down the culprits.
Zia-ul-Haq, posted as Circle Officer in Kunda town, was allegedly killed by a mob in Pratapgarh when he had rushed there after village head Nanhe Yadav was shot dead over a land dispute. The village head`s brother Suresh also died of gunshot wounds.
In the FIR lodged by the DSP`s widow Parveen, she has accused former state minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya of conspiring to kill her husband.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had late Wednesday night taken over the sensational case and Thursday began the probe into the killing of Haq and the Bilaspur village headman Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav.
Four others - Rohit Singh, Guddu Singh, Om Srivastava and Gulshan Yadav - have also been accused in the Haq murder case. Following his name figuring in the FIR filed by Parveen, Raja Bhaiya had quit the one-year-old Akhilesh Yadav ministry.
With agencies inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news