Rahul Gandhi part of UPPCC election committee constituted
Lucknow: Ahead of the Lok Sabha elections, Congress in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday constituted an election committee comprising party vice president Rahul Gandhi, union ministers Beni Prasad Verma, Salman Khurshid, among others.
Congress national general secretary and Uttar Pradesh incharge Madhusudan Mistry constituted the UPPCC election committee after approval from party chief Sonia Gandhi, state PCC president Nirmal Khatri said.
The committee comprises of Rahul along with union ministers Beni Prasad Verma, Salman Khurshid, Shriprakash Jaiswal, RPN Singh, Pradeep Jain Aditya, Jitin Prasad, PL Punia, Raj Babbar, besides other senior state level leaders.
A meeting of the newly constituted election committee would be held on January 22, Khatri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state