Rahul Gandhi to hold video conference with UP leaders
Lucknow: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will interact with party leaders in Uttar Pradesh through video conferencing on March 15, a Congress spokesman said on Thursday.
The Gandhi scion, hard pressed for time owing to his election campaigns elsewhere in the country, decided to take the electronic route for crucial interaction, sources said.
Apart from wishing party workers on the occasion of Holi, the festival of colours, the Congress leader will evaluate the election preparations during his interaction with a selected group of 125 party leaders.
Besides offering the party`s tickets for the polls, the Congress vice president will take feedback on the issues faced by the party in the state.
The issues for campaigning for the 80 Lok Sabha seats in the state will also be discussed, a party leader told a news agency.
During the interaction, conducted from the party headquarters in New Delhi, some senior leaders are expected to request Gandhi to fix time to address rallies in their constituencies.
Rahul Gandhi is contesting from Amethi in Uttar Pradesh and his mother and Congress president will contest from Rae Bareli. The Congress has 22 members in the outgoing Lok Sabha from Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened