Rahul Gandhi to visit Amethi April 30-May 2
Lucknow: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi would be in his Amethi parliamentary constituency in Uttar Pradesh from April 30-May 2. This would be his first visit to the state after the party`s drubbing in the assembly polls, party sources said on Wednesday.
He was expected to restrict himself to his constituency during the visit and find out the reasons for the party`s poor show in the assembly constituencies in Amethi, they said.
Gandhi campaigned aggressively during the February-March assembly polls, prompting party leaders to claim a tide in favour of the Congress which has been out of power in the state for 22 years.
The party, however, won only 28 constituencies out of the 403 in the state.
During his stay in Amethi, Gandhi would be restricting himself to "interactions with party workers", sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review