Rahul Gandhi to visit Amethi April 30-May 2
Lucknow: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi would be in his Amethi parliamentary constituency in Uttar Pradesh from April 30-May 2. This would be his first visit to the state after the party`s drubbing in the assembly polls, party sources said on Wednesday.
He was expected to restrict himself to his constituency during the visit and find out the reasons for the party`s poor show in the assembly constituencies in Amethi, they said.
Gandhi campaigned aggressively during the February-March assembly polls, prompting party leaders to claim a tide in favour of the Congress which has been out of power in the state for 22 years.
The party, however, won only 28 constituencies out of the 403 in the state.
During his stay in Amethi, Gandhi would be restricting himself to "interactions with party workers", sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today