Rahul Gandhi wants Amethi to turn into global business hub
Amethi (Uttar Pradesh): Striving for global recognition to Amethi, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday said he dreamt of the day when grains and flowers grown in his Lok Sabha constituency are exported to the US and other countries.
"Lots of people in Amethi are engaged in cultivation of rose flowers. You take flowers to Lucknow and Delhi. My dream is that, in 10 years, people from here will be able to sell their grains and flowers in America, England or Dubai," he said here at a public meeting after laying the foundation of three national highways at the cost of Rs 303 crore.
The Congress leader said he dream of the day when youngsters from Amethi will run their own business in America and "they will have flowers from Amethi on their table".
"And this is not a big deal...If we dream big, we can achieve big goals...Today only people of India know about Amethi but in 10-15 years people of America and England will know about the place," Gandhi, who was on one-day visit to his constituency, said.
However, to make the goal possible there should be a strong road network, he said.
"Roads have an important role in development," Gandhi said, claiming that no other place in the country have more roads than Amethi.
Amethi is being connected with other parts of the country and world through road, rail, telephone and airports.
There is a plan to construct a food park in which there will be about 40 food processing units, he said, adding that runway of Fursatganj airport is being extended to Amethi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan