Rahul Gandhi wants Amethi to turn into global business hub
Amethi (Uttar Pradesh): Striving for global recognition to Amethi, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday said he dreamt of the day when grains and flowers grown in his Lok Sabha constituency are exported to the US and other countries.
"Lots of people in Amethi are engaged in cultivation of rose flowers. You take flowers to Lucknow and Delhi. My dream is that, in 10 years, people from here will be able to sell their grains and flowers in America, England or Dubai," he said here at a public meeting after laying the foundation of three national highways at the cost of Rs 303 crore.
The Congress leader said he dream of the day when youngsters from Amethi will run their own business in America and "they will have flowers from Amethi on their table".
"And this is not a big deal...If we dream big, we can achieve big goals...Today only people of India know about Amethi but in 10-15 years people of America and England will know about the place," Gandhi, who was on one-day visit to his constituency, said.
However, to make the goal possible there should be a strong road network, he said.
"Roads have an important role in development," Gandhi said, claiming that no other place in the country have more roads than Amethi.
Amethi is being connected with other parts of the country and world through road, rail, telephone and airports.
There is a plan to construct a food park in which there will be about 40 food processing units, he said, adding that runway of Fursatganj airport is being extended to Amethi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report