Rahul Gandhi yet to meet us: Delhi rape victim`s family
Ballia: The family of the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim Friday rued that Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi did not come to meet them or even call them up.
"We are sad that Rahul, who is known for visiting people in distress, did not come to meet us. He even did not make a call," the brother of the girl said here.
He said that when the body of her sister was brought from Singapore, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi had met them but they have not heard anything from Rahul yet.
"The outrage expressed by people of the country over what happened with my sister has proved to be a catalyst for change. We are hopeful that such unfortunate incidents would not recur in the future," he said.
About the allegation made by the lawyer of the accused that they had been tortured by the police, he said whatever they say or do would not help them as there was enough proof regarding the brutal incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says