Rahul Gandhi`s knowledge on farming bookish: Samajwadi Party
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party, who is giving outside support to the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi`s knowledge on farming was bookish, as per reports.
The SP also reportedly commented that the Congress vice president had tried to be champion of farmers by comparing rates of potatoes and potato chips.
Noting that farmers are suffering due to problems in the food supply chain, Congress vice president had said yesterday that there was a need for ensuring better compensation for the farmers against their produce.
Rahul, who laid foundation stone of a mega food park in Jagdishpur in Amethi said that right from production of crops to their landing on the dinner table, the farmers, despite putting their maximum effort, get minimum benefit.
"While a farmer sells potato between Rs 6 to Rs 10 per kilogram, those who make potato chips sell it at Rs 400 per kg," Rahul had commented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation