Rahul launches 3rd leg of poll campaign in UP
Sitapur: With just a month left for the
Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi
here on Monday kicked off the third phase of campaign, exhorting
people to bring about a change in the state by untying "the
hands which have remained tied for the past 22 years".
"Untie the hands which have remained tied for the past 22
years...You people have given 22 years to them (non-Congress
parties)...22 important years have been wasted...22 years of
the youths have been wasted," he said at an election meeting
in Sidhauli constituency here.
It was Rahul`s first campaign after the announcement of
polls dates. UP would see polling on February 4, 8, 11, 15,
19, 23 and 28.
Reiterating his earlier statements, he said if voted to
power, Congress would work for the common man`s development
and would turn UP into a model state within five years.
"Give us five years and we will show what can be done...
vote for the party which would form government of common
people -- that of the poor, farmers, labourers, minorities,
backwards and others and work with full vigour," he said.
Launching a scathing attack on the Mayawati government,
he said the ruling BSP has not cared for the problems faced by
the people of the state. The BSP chief has never visited any
village, spent the night there or walked on the village roads,
"then how can she understand what poverty and problems are?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test