Rahul pulls up Sultanpur admin for `slackness`
Sultanpur: Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi today pulled up the district administration for alleged
slackness in the implementation of the centrally-sponsored
development schemes and their proper monitoring.
Participating in the district level vigilance and
monitoring committee meeting at the Vikas Bhawan here, Gandhi
took strong objection to the non-implementation of an
instruction passed during the last such meeting in December
The Congress MP summoned the superintendent of police,
Satyendra Veer Singh, to question about the delay and gave him
15-day time for the arrest of a person in embezzlement of Rs
20 lakh under the "sampurn swachhata karyakram" (hygiene
Party sources said that Gandhi was particularly unhappy
with the officials who, when questioned, took refuge in the
fact that they had been transferred to the Sultanpur district
recently. The officials also called for fixing responsibility
While taking up the various schemes point wise, Gandhi
discussed the ambitious NREGA scheme which had been allocated
the maximum funds and was faced with some opposition from the
ruling BSP MLAs who were also present in the meeting over an
inquiry into Rs 88 lakh scam under which payment had been made
to an NGO last year which was missing since then.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata