Rahul pulls up Sultanpur admin for `slackness`
Sultanpur: Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi today pulled up the district administration for alleged
slackness in the implementation of the centrally-sponsored
development schemes and their proper monitoring.
Participating in the district level vigilance and
monitoring committee meeting at the Vikas Bhawan here, Gandhi
took strong objection to the non-implementation of an
instruction passed during the last such meeting in December
The Congress MP summoned the superintendent of police,
Satyendra Veer Singh, to question about the delay and gave him
15-day time for the arrest of a person in embezzlement of Rs
20 lakh under the "sampurn swachhata karyakram" (hygiene
Party sources said that Gandhi was particularly unhappy
with the officials who, when questioned, took refuge in the
fact that they had been transferred to the Sultanpur district
recently. The officials also called for fixing responsibility
While taking up the various schemes point wise, Gandhi
discussed the ambitious NREGA scheme which had been allocated
the maximum funds and was faced with some opposition from the
ruling BSP MLAs who were also present in the meeting over an
inquiry into Rs 88 lakh scam under which payment had been made
to an NGO last year which was missing since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi