Rahul rally scuffle: FIR against 4 Cong leaders
Allahabad: The Allahabad Police on Tuesday registered an FIR against Union ministers Jitin Prasada and RPN Singh and CLP leader in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Pramod Tiwari in connection with the scuffle with Samajwadi Party youth wing supporters at the venue of Rahul Gandhi`s rally in Phulpur.
The FIR, which also named Congress MLC Naseenb, was lodged on a complaint by Abhishek Yadav, one of the four SP youth wing supporters who alleged he had been thrashed by SPG personnel and the Congress leaders at the venue of Rahul Gandhi`s rally yesterday.
Reacting to the development, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh hit out at the ruling BSP and opposition SP, alleging a nexus between the two.
He tweeted, “Cases registered on Jiten and RPN but no action on the security breach by the UP police. Was it an overall match fixing between BSP and SP?”
"An FIR has been lodged at Jhusi police station under the relevant Sections of the Indian Penal Code upon the complaint of Abhishek Yadav, who was among the four persons arrested from the Trivenipuram ground where the rally was held," Inspector General of Police, Allahabad Range, BP Jogdand said.
He said the FIR was lodged after the complaint, registered by Yadav earlier in the day, was referred to the Deputy Inspector General of Police Prakash D, who is the district police chief and who gave the nod for the First Information Report.
Yadav was arrested along with three other supporters of Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha when they were running towards Rahul Gandhi`s helicopter, trying to show him a black flag.
They were pressing the demand for restoring students` union at the Allahabad University which was accorded central status in 2005.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price