Rahul shown black flags
Orai: Slamming opposition parties, Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday promised all-round development of
Uttar Pradesh if his party was voted to power in the state as
some youths showed black flags to him at a poll rally in Orai.
Holding a banner which read "Bring Back Black Money",
three youths showed the Congress general secretary black flags
at the election rally.
One of the youths was detained while two others managed
to flee, officials said.
Addressing the rally, Rahul attacked the Mayawati-led
BSP saying "its Elephant (election symbol) is eathing money".
He flayed the BJP for its "India Shining" slogan and
accused the SP of promoting goonda elements during its regime.
The Gandhi scion promised all-round development of the
state in the event of his party forming government in UP.
He said his party would ensure that youths did not go
out of the state for jobs.
The Congress leader also spoke at length about central
schemes like MGNREGS and how it had helped in securing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends