Rahul shown black flags
Orai: Slamming opposition parties, Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday promised all-round development of
Uttar Pradesh if his party was voted to power in the state as
some youths showed black flags to him at a poll rally in Orai.
Holding a banner which read "Bring Back Black Money",
three youths showed the Congress general secretary black flags
at the election rally.
One of the youths was detained while two others managed
to flee, officials said.
Addressing the rally, Rahul attacked the Mayawati-led
BSP saying "its Elephant (election symbol) is eathing money".
He flayed the BJP for its "India Shining" slogan and
accused the SP of promoting goonda elements during its regime.
The Gandhi scion promised all-round development of the
state in the event of his party forming government in UP.
He said his party would ensure that youths did not go
out of the state for jobs.
The Congress leader also spoke at length about central
schemes like MGNREGS and how it had helped in securing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you