Rahul shown black flags
Orai: Slamming opposition parties, Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday promised all-round development of
Uttar Pradesh if his party was voted to power in the state as
some youths showed black flags to him at a poll rally in Orai.
Holding a banner which read "Bring Back Black Money",
three youths showed the Congress general secretary black flags
at the election rally.
One of the youths was detained while two others managed
to flee, officials said.
Addressing the rally, Rahul attacked the Mayawati-led
BSP saying "its Elephant (election symbol) is eathing money".
He flayed the BJP for its "India Shining" slogan and
accused the SP of promoting goonda elements during its regime.
The Gandhi scion promised all-round development of the
state in the event of his party forming government in UP.
He said his party would ensure that youths did not go
out of the state for jobs.
The Congress leader also spoke at length about central
schemes like MGNREGS and how it had helped in securing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?