Rahul shown black flags
Orai: Slamming opposition parties, Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday promised all-round development of
Uttar Pradesh if his party was voted to power in the state as
some youths showed black flags to him at a poll rally in Orai.
Holding a banner which read "Bring Back Black Money",
three youths showed the Congress general secretary black flags
at the election rally.
One of the youths was detained while two others managed
to flee, officials said.
Addressing the rally, Rahul attacked the Mayawati-led
BSP saying "its Elephant (election symbol) is eathing money".
He flayed the BJP for its "India Shining" slogan and
accused the SP of promoting goonda elements during its regime.
The Gandhi scion promised all-round development of the
state in the event of his party forming government in UP.
He said his party would ensure that youths did not go
out of the state for jobs.
The Congress leader also spoke at length about central
schemes like MGNREGS and how it had helped in securing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal