Rahul takes potshots at Mayawati again
Kanshiram Nagar(UP): Slamming Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati for her reservations over the proposed
Food Security Bill, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi
today said she had rejected it without giving it a proper
"Like MNREGS, she has now rejected the Right to Food Bill
within a day without giving it a proper thought saying it will
not benefit anyone," he told an election meeting here.
"The measure (Bill) will ensure that no one remains
hungry as every family will get 35 kgs of foodgrains," the
Congress leader said.
Opponents of the measure were asking from where the money
would come from, Rahul said adding "we will show them from
where it will come."
Yesterday, BSP supremo Mayawati had termed the proposed
Food Security Bill as impractical and an election stunt of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP