Rahul takes potshots at Mayawati again
Kanshiram Nagar(UP): Slamming Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati for her reservations over the proposed
Food Security Bill, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi
today said she had rejected it without giving it a proper
"Like MNREGS, she has now rejected the Right to Food Bill
within a day without giving it a proper thought saying it will
not benefit anyone," he told an election meeting here.
"The measure (Bill) will ensure that no one remains
hungry as every family will get 35 kgs of foodgrains," the
Congress leader said.
Opponents of the measure were asking from where the money
would come from, Rahul said adding "we will show them from
where it will come."
Yesterday, BSP supremo Mayawati had termed the proposed
Food Security Bill as impractical and an election stunt of the
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today