Rahul takes potshots at Mayawati again
Kanshiram Nagar(UP): Slamming Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati for her reservations over the proposed
Food Security Bill, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi
today said she had rejected it without giving it a proper
"Like MNREGS, she has now rejected the Right to Food Bill
within a day without giving it a proper thought saying it will
not benefit anyone," he told an election meeting here.
"The measure (Bill) will ensure that no one remains
hungry as every family will get 35 kgs of foodgrains," the
Congress leader said.
Opponents of the measure were asking from where the money
would come from, Rahul said adding "we will show them from
where it will come."
Yesterday, BSP supremo Mayawati had termed the proposed
Food Security Bill as impractical and an election stunt of the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference