Rahul targets Uma on "outsider" issue
Banda (UP): Firing a fresh salvo at BJP
leader Uma Bharti on the issue of being an "outsider",
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi o Friday said people should be
cautious of her as she came to Uttar Pradesh after "failing"
in Madhya Pradesh and would "disappear" after elections.
"Where was she when people of the region were
committing suicide?...You all should be cautious of her..She
is here after failing in MP and will disappear after the
elections", Gandhi said while addressing an election meeting
Alleging that money of the people was not spent on them
during SP and BSP rule, Gandhi said this was the main reason
of backwardness of the state and promised all-round
development of Uttar Pradesh if Congress was voted back to
He said his party would ensure youths did not go out of
the state for jobs by generating employment opportunities.
The Congress leader also spoke at length about central
schemes like MGNREGS and how it had helped in securing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard