Rahul targets Uma on "outsider" issue
Banda (UP): Firing a fresh salvo at BJP
leader Uma Bharti on the issue of being an "outsider",
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi o Friday said people should be
cautious of her as she came to Uttar Pradesh after "failing"
in Madhya Pradesh and would "disappear" after elections.
"Where was she when people of the region were
committing suicide?...You all should be cautious of her..She
is here after failing in MP and will disappear after the
elections", Gandhi said while addressing an election meeting
Alleging that money of the people was not spent on them
during SP and BSP rule, Gandhi said this was the main reason
of backwardness of the state and promised all-round
development of Uttar Pradesh if Congress was voted back to
He said his party would ensure youths did not go out of
the state for jobs by generating employment opportunities.
The Congress leader also spoke at length about central
schemes like MGNREGS and how it had helped in securing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal