Rahul visits Amethi; takes Omar along
Amethi: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi arrived here Tuesday morning on a day`s visit to his parliamentary constituency along with chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir Omar Abdullah.
Arriving at the Fursatganj airport here, Rahul had a brief interaction with local residents. He also asked his party workers for a cup of tea in view of the cold winds but as they rushed to offer him one, he moved ahead saying he would have it later as he was running short of time.
The two leaders then drove to Kasbapur village in Jais where Rahul is scheduled to attend a meeting of self help women group.
Later he is likely to visit various parts of the constituency and take stock of the ongoing development works and also meet party workers to take their feedback.
According to party sources, Gandhi has brought Jammu and Kashmir chief minister to show him the ongoing works of the self help groups in his constituency.
This is Rahul Gandhi`s second visit to his constituency this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress