Rahul visits Amethi; takes Omar along
Amethi: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi arrived here Tuesday morning on a day`s visit to his parliamentary constituency along with chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir Omar Abdullah.
Arriving at the Fursatganj airport here, Rahul had a brief interaction with local residents. He also asked his party workers for a cup of tea in view of the cold winds but as they rushed to offer him one, he moved ahead saying he would have it later as he was running short of time.
The two leaders then drove to Kasbapur village in Jais where Rahul is scheduled to attend a meeting of self help women group.
Later he is likely to visit various parts of the constituency and take stock of the ongoing development works and also meet party workers to take their feedback.
According to party sources, Gandhi has brought Jammu and Kashmir chief minister to show him the ongoing works of the self help groups in his constituency.
This is Rahul Gandhi`s second visit to his constituency this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS