Rahul`s Azamgarh trip part of a long process: Cong
New Delhi: Congress today said Rahul
Gandhi`s proposed visit to Azamgarh to meet college students
should not be interpreted in any other way and should be seen
as "another joint in a long chain" of the AICC General
Secretary`s countrywide interactions.
"Gandhi has been carrying on a quiet revolution among
students. He interacts with students at an all India basis...
this (Gandhi`s proposed trip to Azamgarh) has to be seen as
another joint in a long chain, a part of a long process. I
don`t think you should read and interpret it in any other
way," party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
Gandhi`s proposed visit to Azamgarh was announced by AICC
General Secretary in-charge for Uttar Pradesh Digvijay Singh
yesterday after he had met Congress President Sonia Gandhi to
give her a report on his earlier visit to the Uttar Pradesh
town, where he had raised doubts over the Batla house
encounter of September 19, 2008, sparking a controversy.
Asked about the dates of Gandhi`s visit, the Congress
spokesperson said, "No clear date or programme of Rahul
Gandhi`s visit is available now."
Singh had yesterday said that Gandhi would be holding
discussions with students of Shibli National College at
Azamgarh, which had a rich contribution to Indian freedom
struggle and with which leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Motilal
Nehru and Jawaharlal Nehru were attached.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!