Rahul`s birthday to be celebrated as Kisan Adhikar
Lucknow: With a view to garner support of
the rural masses, Congress is planning to celebrate Rahul Gandhi`s birthday by holding a `chaupal` in every panchyat of the state to hear grievances of farmers on June 19.
"We will be celebrating the birthday as Kisan Adhikar
Diwas (Farmers` Rights Day) and will be holding 4000 chaupals
across the state in which farmers grievances will be heard," a
party official said here.
The issue of land acquisition would be part of the
discussions, the official said adding that party leaders would
also be seen asking villagers about problems faced by them and
contacting local authorities for the purpose.
Congress is already due to hold a farmers panchayat in
Bhatta Parsaul in Greater Noida in the last week of June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29