Rahul`s birthday to be celebrated as Kisan Adhikar
Lucknow: With a view to garner support of
the rural masses, Congress is planning to celebrate Rahul Gandhi`s birthday by holding a `chaupal` in every panchyat of the state to hear grievances of farmers on June 19.
"We will be celebrating the birthday as Kisan Adhikar
Diwas (Farmers` Rights Day) and will be holding 4000 chaupals
across the state in which farmers grievances will be heard," a
party official said here.
The issue of land acquisition would be part of the
discussions, the official said adding that party leaders would
also be seen asking villagers about problems faced by them and
contacting local authorities for the purpose.
Congress is already due to hold a farmers panchayat in
Bhatta Parsaul in Greater Noida in the last week of June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves