Rahul`s birthday to be celebrated as Kisan Adhikar
Lucknow: With a view to garner support of
the rural masses, Congress is planning to celebrate Rahul Gandhi`s birthday by holding a `chaupal` in every panchyat of the state to hear grievances of farmers on June 19.
"We will be celebrating the birthday as Kisan Adhikar
Diwas (Farmers` Rights Day) and will be holding 4000 chaupals
across the state in which farmers grievances will be heard," a
party official said here.
The issue of land acquisition would be part of the
discussions, the official said adding that party leaders would
also be seen asking villagers about problems faced by them and
contacting local authorities for the purpose.
Congress is already due to hold a farmers panchayat in
Bhatta Parsaul in Greater Noida in the last week of June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes