Rahul`s Budelkhand claims purely political: BJP
Lucknow: BJP on Thursday alleged that Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s statement on the loot of Bundelkhand package was nothing more than politics on the helplessness of the people of Uttar Pradesh`s most backward region.
"If Rahul knew this then he must tell people that what
steps Congress-led UPA government took to check this loot and
why BSP government was allowed to plunder the package amount
for four-and-a-half years," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak
Rahul has repeatedly alleged that package given for
development of Bundelkhand was looted in Uttar Pradesh, he
"Why did Rahul remember this at the election time? In
reality, whatever loot was done by the BSP government it was
done under the patronage of Congress-led government at the
Centre," Pathak alleged.
He said people would not get attracted by the speeches of
the Congress general secretary as they has seen the real face
of the party and its leader.
"This was the reason for Rahul`s rallies in Bundelkhand
turning out to be a flop show. People are aware of the ugly
politics being done in the name of package," he claimed.
The BSP government also failed to spend fund given for
the development of Bundelkhand, he said.
"Whatever fund was spend, major amount was plundered.
Congress and BSP are indulging into politics of allegation and
counter allegation," the spokesman alleged.
He said this is evident from the fact that only Rs 214.21
crore of the package had been spent.
"Why only Rs 1,695.76 crore was allocated as Central
assistance to UP when a package of Rs 7,266 crore along with
an additional grant of Rs 200 crore was announced for
Bundelkhand?" Pathak questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof