Rahul’s five-day UP election tour ends today
New Delhi: After attacking the ruling BSP government in Uttar Pradesh and targeting the opposition BJP in the past few days, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will on Friday hold a rally in Saharanpur.
Saharanpur rally will mark the end of Rahul Gandhi’s five-day election tour of Uttar Pradesh, where Assembly Elections will be held between February 4 to 28.
Addressing a rally in Pilibhit on Thursday, the Congress leader made a scathing attack on BJP as the district is the political turf of his cousin Varun Gandhi, who is the Lok Sabha member from that constituency.
While accusing the BJP of making only "false and hollow promises", with the sole intent of serving its short-term political gains, Rahul Gandhi appealed to the people to vote for the Congress which alone could insure a bright future for them.
"While the BJP`s unreliable character was known to all, it was once again amply demonstrated in the Lok Sabha Tuesday, when in sharp contrast to its earlier categorical assurance, the party declined to support the Lokpal bill," he said.
In Bareilly, Gandhi also chose to take on the Samajwadi Party. "Ever since the UPA government has announced 4.5 percent reservation for Muslims, Mulayam Singh Yadav has become jittery, which is reflected in his new found demand for raising the Muslim reservation to 18 percent," he said.
Terming it as Mulayam Singh`s "lip service", he said, "I would like to see if Mulayam Singh Yadav is going to endorse this in his party`s election manifesto."
He earlier flayed Uttar Pradesh Chief MInister and Bahujan Samaj Party supremo Mayawati for perpetuating large-scale corruption, which he termed as the cause of Uttar Pradesh`s backwardness and poverty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand