‘Rahul`s leadership has frustrated rivals in UP’
New Delhi: Congress on Friday claimed Rahul
Gandhi`s leadership has "created fear and frustration among
all the opponents of the party" in Uttar Pradesh assembly
Replying to a quesiton, party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi
said "opposiition parties are frightened by the growing
popularity of Priyanka Gandhi".
He claimed "a wave is sweeping in favour of the party in
the Assembly elections which will turn into "historic" results
for it everywhere including Uttar Pradesh".
"We will not go into specifics but our internal
assessment, survey and reports show we are proceeding to
historic figures in each of the state", Singhvi told reporters
While the march of progress in Punjab was "vigorous,
conclusive and decisive," he said the Congress is not relying
on cyclical anti-incumbency.
In Uttarkhand, the "mere sham and drama" of changing the
Chief Minister by BJP will "not fool the electorate", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users