‘Rahul`s leadership has frustrated rivals in UP’
New Delhi: Congress on Friday claimed Rahul
Gandhi`s leadership has "created fear and frustration among
all the opponents of the party" in Uttar Pradesh assembly
Replying to a quesiton, party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi
said "opposiition parties are frightened by the growing
popularity of Priyanka Gandhi".
He claimed "a wave is sweeping in favour of the party in
the Assembly elections which will turn into "historic" results
for it everywhere including Uttar Pradesh".
"We will not go into specifics but our internal
assessment, survey and reports show we are proceeding to
historic figures in each of the state", Singhvi told reporters
While the march of progress in Punjab was "vigorous,
conclusive and decisive," he said the Congress is not relying
on cyclical anti-incumbency.
In Uttarkhand, the "mere sham and drama" of changing the
Chief Minister by BJP will "not fool the electorate", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research
- Italy earthquake death toll rises to 247 as rescuers desperately search for survivors
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane