‘Rahul`s leadership has frustrated rivals in UP’
New Delhi: Congress on Friday claimed Rahul
Gandhi`s leadership has "created fear and frustration among
all the opponents of the party" in Uttar Pradesh assembly
Replying to a quesiton, party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi
said "opposiition parties are frightened by the growing
popularity of Priyanka Gandhi".
He claimed "a wave is sweeping in favour of the party in
the Assembly elections which will turn into "historic" results
for it everywhere including Uttar Pradesh".
"We will not go into specifics but our internal
assessment, survey and reports show we are proceeding to
historic figures in each of the state", Singhvi told reporters
While the march of progress in Punjab was "vigorous,
conclusive and decisive," he said the Congress is not relying
on cyclical anti-incumbency.
In Uttarkhand, the "mere sham and drama" of changing the
Chief Minister by BJP will "not fool the electorate", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof