Rahul`s love for farmers mere drama for polls: BSP
Lucknow: As Rahul Gandhi continued his
"Kisan Padyatra" for the the second consecutive day on Wednesday, Uttar Pradesh`s ruling BSP said his "love" for farmers is mere
a political drama in view of the coming Assembly elections in
"The love for farmers is nothing but a stunt and
political drama being enacted by the Congress yuvraj before
the assembly elections," the party said in a statement today.
The 41-year-old AICC general secretary is on
padayatra--`Kisan Sandesh Yatra`-- in Western UP, a footmarch
billed as a campaign against Chief Minister Mayawati ahead of
the Congress` proposed `kisan mahapanchayat` in Aligarh
district on July 9.
The BSP said if Rahul is actually worried about the
problems of farmers, he should try to ensure that the prices
of diesel and fertilises are brought under control by the
Congress-led government "instead of enacting this drama in
Uttar Pradesh in the name of farmers."
It said had the Congress really been sensitive
towards the plight of farmers during its 38-year rule in UP,
their condition would have been different and the picture of
the state would also have been entirely different.
"It is because of the anti-farmers` policies of the
central government the farmers are today facing immense
hardships," the party said.
It said had the UPA government been sensitive it would
not have hiked the prices of diesel which has a direct impact
on the agriculture sector and farmers.
"The Congress leaders are indulging in such dramatics
to divert attention of the common people from the charges of
corruption being levelled on the UPA government."
"It is merely for remaining in the news that Congress
yuvraj sometimes visits Bhatta Parsaul or wants to go to
Aligarh," it said, adding that if he was so worried about
farmers he would have also visited Congress-ruled states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000