Rahul`s remarks in Phulpur irresponsible: VHP
Allahabad: Accusing Congress leader Rahul
Gandhi of "insulting" people of Uttar Pradesh at his Phulpur
rally, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Wednesday said his statements
were "immature and irresponsible".
"It was shocking to hear Rahul saying at the rally that
people of UP were begging in Maharashtra. Was he unmindful of
the fact that he was deriding the inhabitants of the very land
to which his ancestors belonged?" VHP international president
Ashok Singhal told reporters here.
Gandhi, while kicking off Congress` election campaign in
UP on November 14 had said, "People of UP are appreciated for
their hard work wherever they go in search of job...How long
will you beg in Maharashtra (for work)? How long will you work
as labourer in Punjab?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31