‘Rahul`s statement indicates divisive mentality’
Unnao: BJP on Tuesday said Congress leader
Rahul Gandhi`s statement at his party rally in Phulpur was
indicative of a "divisive mentality".
"Rahul`s statement that people of UP should not go out of
the state indicates his divisive mentality. Why Maharashtra
government failed when people from UP were being attacked
there? Where was Rahul Gandhi then?" BJP national vice-
president Kalraj Mishra said here.
Gandhi, while kicking off Congress` election campaign in
UP yesterday had said, "People of Uttar Pradesh are
appreciated for their hard work wherever they go in search of
job...How long will you beg in Maharashtra (for work)? How
long will you work as labourer in Punjab?"
Meanwhile in Rampur, BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told
reporters that Rahul`s statement was an "insult" to people in
"Rahul`s statement is an insult to the entire lot of
electorate of UP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi