Raids conducted to arrest two former BSP ministers
Lucknow: The Special Investigation Bureau (SIB) of the cooperative cell on Friday raided several places to look for two former Uttar Pradesh ministers of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government - Rangnath Mishra and Chandra Dev Ram Yadav.
The raids were conducted at their residences in Bhadohi and Azamgarh, officials said.
Arrest warrants against the two former ministers have been issued by the Lucknow district judge for their role in the multi-crore Labour and Construction Cooperative Federation (LACCFED) scam.
SIB officials said the two ministers were so far untraceable. Family members of both the ministers feigned ignorance about their whereabouts.
While Ranganath Mishra was the secondary education minister in the Mayawati government, Yadav was the small industries minister.
On Thursday, another minister in the BSP government, Sadan Prasad, was grilled at the SIB headquarters in Lucknow. He sought four days time to respond to the posers by the agency.
Earlier this month, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Badshaah Singh, who was the labour minister in the earlier Mayawati government, was arrested here by the SIB his involvement in a multi-crore scam.
The SIB is investigating alleged misappropriation of over Rs.50 crore from government funds meant for LACCFED to construct buildings, including mortuaries, signboards in Navodaya schools, ITI Bhavans, homeopathy hospitals, polytechnic hostels, employment exchanges, court rooms and veterinary hospitals in 2010-2011.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy