Railway begins probe into Mathura train mishap
Mathura (UP): An inquiry into the train
accident near Mathura that claimed 22 lives began on Thursday with
the Commissioner of Railway Safety visiting the mishap site.
P K Bajpai questioned the driver, the guard and the
co-guard of the Goa Sampark Kranti Express that rammed into
the stationary Mewar Express yesterday.
The Udaipur City- Hazrat Nizamuddin Mewar Express is said
to have been halted on chain pulling by police when an under
trial fled between Mathura and Vrindavan at around 0430 hours
after its driver apparently ignored the signal.
With conflicting reports on the cause of the train
accident near here, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has
decided to go for a CBI inquiry into the mishap.
The three constables escorting undertrial Sazid alias
Nadeen were presented before Additional Chief Judicial
The Magistrate rejected Investigation Officer Shankar
Lal`s plea that the trio were not guilty and sent them to jail
for negligence while on duty.
Earlier, an FIR was also lodged against Sazid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack