Railway begins probe into Mathura train mishap
Mathura (UP): An inquiry into the train
accident near Mathura that claimed 22 lives began on Thursday with
the Commissioner of Railway Safety visiting the mishap site.
P K Bajpai questioned the driver, the guard and the
co-guard of the Goa Sampark Kranti Express that rammed into
the stationary Mewar Express yesterday.
The Udaipur City- Hazrat Nizamuddin Mewar Express is said
to have been halted on chain pulling by police when an under
trial fled between Mathura and Vrindavan at around 0430 hours
after its driver apparently ignored the signal.
With conflicting reports on the cause of the train
accident near here, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has
decided to go for a CBI inquiry into the mishap.
The three constables escorting undertrial Sazid alias
Nadeen were presented before Additional Chief Judicial
The Magistrate rejected Investigation Officer Shankar
Lal`s plea that the trio were not guilty and sent them to jail
for negligence while on duty.
Earlier, an FIR was also lodged against Sazid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem