Railway begins probe into Mathura train mishap
Mathura (UP): An inquiry into the train
accident near Mathura that claimed 22 lives began on Thursday with
the Commissioner of Railway Safety visiting the mishap site.
P K Bajpai questioned the driver, the guard and the
co-guard of the Goa Sampark Kranti Express that rammed into
the stationary Mewar Express yesterday.
The Udaipur City- Hazrat Nizamuddin Mewar Express is said
to have been halted on chain pulling by police when an under
trial fled between Mathura and Vrindavan at around 0430 hours
after its driver apparently ignored the signal.
With conflicting reports on the cause of the train
accident near here, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has
decided to go for a CBI inquiry into the mishap.
The three constables escorting undertrial Sazid alias
Nadeen were presented before Additional Chief Judicial
The Magistrate rejected Investigation Officer Shankar
Lal`s plea that the trio were not guilty and sent them to jail
for negligence while on duty.
Earlier, an FIR was also lodged against Sazid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday