Railway vendor detained for eve-teasing minor girl
Bareilly: A vendor was detained at a railway station here for allegedly eve-teasing a minor girl on board Dibrugarh-New Delhi Rajdhani, police said here today.
The 8-year-old girl had boarded the train along with her father, who is an Army jawan. About 1 AM near the Ballia station when all passengers were asleep, the vendor, Ranjeet (22) took her near the toilet and eve-teased her, they said.
Meanwhile, a passenger reached the spot and Ranjeet escaped, police said.
In the morning, the girl identified Ranjeet when he entered the coach following which he was nabbed by the passengers, who informed the railway control room.
The vendor was taken into custody by police when the train reached Bareilly station. The girl`s father reported his complaint at Moradabad railway station, police said.
Circle Officer, GRP Indu Prabha Singh said that the complaint had been received and the process of registration is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren