Railway vendor detained for eve-teasing minor girl
Bareilly: A vendor was detained at a railway station here for allegedly eve-teasing a minor girl on board Dibrugarh-New Delhi Rajdhani, police said here today.
The 8-year-old girl had boarded the train along with her father, who is an Army jawan. About 1 AM near the Ballia station when all passengers were asleep, the vendor, Ranjeet (22) took her near the toilet and eve-teased her, they said.
Meanwhile, a passenger reached the spot and Ranjeet escaped, police said.
In the morning, the girl identified Ranjeet when he entered the coach following which he was nabbed by the passengers, who informed the railway control room.
The vendor was taken into custody by police when the train reached Bareilly station. The girl`s father reported his complaint at Moradabad railway station, police said.
Circle Officer, GRP Indu Prabha Singh said that the complaint had been received and the process of registration is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs