Rain brings mercury down in Meerut, Varanasi
Lucknow: Heat wave conditions continued at certain places in Uttar Pradesh even as rainfall in the last 24 hours brought relief in the Meerut and Varanasi divisions.
According to the MeT department, the highest temperature was 46.2 degrees Celsius recorded at Etawah with state capital Lucknow sweating it out at 40.6 degrees.
But day temperatures fell in Meerut, which recorded 4-cm rainfall, and at Budhana (2-cm), MeT officials added.
Anupsahar and Sardana each received 1-cm rain while heat wave conditions prevailed over one or two places in the Kanpur, Allahabad and Jhansi divisions.
The forecast is for dry weather over the state with a possibility of dust storm in isolated places in western UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar