Rain brings mercury down in Meerut, Varanasi
Lucknow: Heat wave conditions continued at certain places in Uttar Pradesh even as rainfall in the last 24 hours brought relief in the Meerut and Varanasi divisions.
According to the MeT department, the highest temperature was 46.2 degrees Celsius recorded at Etawah with state capital Lucknow sweating it out at 40.6 degrees.
But day temperatures fell in Meerut, which recorded 4-cm rainfall, and at Budhana (2-cm), MeT officials added.
Anupsahar and Sardana each received 1-cm rain while heat wave conditions prevailed over one or two places in the Kanpur, Allahabad and Jhansi divisions.
The forecast is for dry weather over the state with a possibility of dust storm in isolated places in western UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley