Rain brings mercury down in Meerut, Varanasi
Lucknow: Heat wave conditions continued at certain places in Uttar Pradesh even as rainfall in the last 24 hours brought relief in the Meerut and Varanasi divisions.
According to the MeT department, the highest temperature was 46.2 degrees Celsius recorded at Etawah with state capital Lucknow sweating it out at 40.6 degrees.
But day temperatures fell in Meerut, which recorded 4-cm rainfall, and at Budhana (2-cm), MeT officials added.
Anupsahar and Sardana each received 1-cm rain while heat wave conditions prevailed over one or two places in the Kanpur, Allahabad and Jhansi divisions.
The forecast is for dry weather over the state with a possibility of dust storm in isolated places in western UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details