Rains bring back winter chill in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Heavy rains lashed most parts of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday, bringing back the winter chill, the Met office said.
Rains that began late Friday night were likely to continue for the next 24 hours.
The regional Met office said that the state capital recorded 5.3 mm rain since Friday night while Kanpur and Allahabad recorded 8.00 mm rainfall, making it the wettest February day in the state.
The Met office added that winter was still not over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?