Rains bring back winter chill in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Heavy rains lashed most parts of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday, bringing back the winter chill, the Met office said.
Rains that began late Friday night were likely to continue for the next 24 hours.
The regional Met office said that the state capital recorded 5.3 mm rain since Friday night while Kanpur and Allahabad recorded 8.00 mm rainfall, making it the wettest February day in the state.
The Met office added that winter was still not over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town