Rains bring back winter chill in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Heavy rains lashed most parts of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday, bringing back the winter chill, the Met office said.
Rains that began late Friday night were likely to continue for the next 24 hours.
The regional Met office said that the state capital recorded 5.3 mm rain since Friday night while Kanpur and Allahabad recorded 8.00 mm rainfall, making it the wettest February day in the state.
The Met office added that winter was still not over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog