Rains lash parts of UP, give slight relief from cold
Lucknow: Light to moderate rains drenched a few places in western parts of Uttar Pradesh, causing temperatures to rise slightly, even as the weather remained mainly dry in eastern parts of the state.
Bareilly, Jhansi, Agra, Aligarh, Shahjahanpur and Orai each recorded 1 cm rainfall, MeT department said.
The minimum temperature rose largely in Meerut, Kanpur, Lucknow and Agra divisions and rose markedly in Moradabad division.
It rose appreciably in Faizabad, Allahabad, Bareilly and Jhansi divisions and rose in Gorakhpur and Varanasi divisions.
The minimum temperature was markedly above normal in Jhansi division and appreciably above normal in Faizabad, Allahabad, Kanpur, Agra and Meerut divisions.
The lowest minimum temperature was 5.6 degrees Celsius recorded in Etawah.
The MeT said the weather would be mainly dry over the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list