Rains lash parts of UP
Lucknow: Rain and thundershowers lashed few places in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday.
Amethi and Hathras received 8 cm rainfall each, followed by Mathura at 7 cm, Shahjahanpur 4 cm and Agra 3 cm.
Ganga is flowing near the danger level in Fatehgarh, while Sharda is above the red mark at Palia Kalan and Ghaghra at ELgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar, officials said.
Rapti has crossed danger mark at Balrampur and Burhi Rapti was flowing close to the danger mark at Kakrahi (Siddhartnagar), they said.
A report from Barabanki said with the release of water in barrages in Nepal, Ghaghra has once again posed a threat to over 18 villages around Charsadhi embankment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi