Rains lash parts of UP
Lucknow: Rain and thundershowers lashed few places in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday.
Amethi and Hathras received 8 cm rainfall each, followed by Mathura at 7 cm, Shahjahanpur 4 cm and Agra 3 cm.
Ganga is flowing near the danger level in Fatehgarh, while Sharda is above the red mark at Palia Kalan and Ghaghra at ELgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar, officials said.
Rapti has crossed danger mark at Balrampur and Burhi Rapti was flowing close to the danger mark at Kakrahi (Siddhartnagar), they said.
A report from Barabanki said with the release of water in barrages in Nepal, Ghaghra has once again posed a threat to over 18 villages around Charsadhi embankment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened