Rains lash parts of Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Light to moderate rain and thundershowers lashed isolated places over the state.
According to the MeT office, chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms was : Maharajganj-5, Bansgaon-3; Rasra, Salempur, Patti, Churk, Sidhooli-1 each.
Day temperatures fell appreciably in Allahabad division; fell in Bareilly division, rose in Jhansi division and changed little in the remaining divisions of the State.
They were appreciably above normal in Faizabad, Meerut divisions, above normal in Gorakhpur, Jhansi divisions, appreciably below normal in Allahabad division and were normal in the remaining divisions of the state, the MeT officials said.
Highest maximum temperature over the state was 44.0 degree Celsius recorded at Orai.
They forecast that rain/thundershowers would occur at isolated places over the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Delhi: Africans thrash Ola cabbie for refusing to carry extra passengers
- New Horizons' best close-up of Pluto's surface – Watch!
- SoftBank's investments in India may surpass $10 billion
- Jaitley to 'take India story forward' with Japanese investors
- Bleaching kills 35 percent of coral in Great Barrier Reef