Rains lash parts of Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Light to moderate rain and thundershowers lashed isolated places over the state.
According to the MeT office, chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms was : Maharajganj-5, Bansgaon-3; Rasra, Salempur, Patti, Churk, Sidhooli-1 each.
Day temperatures fell appreciably in Allahabad division; fell in Bareilly division, rose in Jhansi division and changed little in the remaining divisions of the State.
They were appreciably above normal in Faizabad, Meerut divisions, above normal in Gorakhpur, Jhansi divisions, appreciably below normal in Allahabad division and were normal in the remaining divisions of the state, the MeT officials said.
Highest maximum temperature over the state was 44.0 degree Celsius recorded at Orai.
They forecast that rain/thundershowers would occur at isolated places over the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube