Rains lash UP, water level rises in Ganga, Yamuna
Lucknow: Most parts of Uttar Pradesh received moderate to heavy rains and thundershowers on Monday leading to a rise in the water level of the Ganga and Yamuna.
While Sambhal and Rath received the maximum amount of rainfall at 13 cm each, Garotha, Banda and Moradabad recorded 11 cm each, Bilari 10 cm, Hasanpur 8 cm, Bidhuna and Moth 7 cm each, Jalalabad 6 cm and Etawah, Chillaghat and Hamirpur 5 cm each.
According to central water commission sources, the waters of Ganga and Yamuna are fast rising at various places in the state, especially at Palia Kalan, Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar.
Meanwhile, the MeT department here has forecast rain and thundershowers at many places over west Uttar Pradesh and at a few places in the state`s east in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you