Rains lash UP, water level rises in Ganga, Yamuna
Lucknow: Most parts of Uttar Pradesh received moderate to heavy rains and thundershowers on Monday leading to a rise in the water level of the Ganga and Yamuna.
While Sambhal and Rath received the maximum amount of rainfall at 13 cm each, Garotha, Banda and Moradabad recorded 11 cm each, Bilari 10 cm, Hasanpur 8 cm, Bidhuna and Moth 7 cm each, Jalalabad 6 cm and Etawah, Chillaghat and Hamirpur 5 cm each.
According to central water commission sources, the waters of Ganga and Yamuna are fast rising at various places in the state, especially at Palia Kalan, Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar.
Meanwhile, the MeT department here has forecast rain and thundershowers at many places over west Uttar Pradesh and at a few places in the state`s east in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest