Rains lash UP, water level rises in Ganga, Yamuna
Lucknow: Most parts of Uttar Pradesh received moderate to heavy rains and thundershowers on Monday leading to a rise in the water level of the Ganga and Yamuna.
While Sambhal and Rath received the maximum amount of rainfall at 13 cm each, Garotha, Banda and Moradabad recorded 11 cm each, Bilari 10 cm, Hasanpur 8 cm, Bidhuna and Moth 7 cm each, Jalalabad 6 cm and Etawah, Chillaghat and Hamirpur 5 cm each.
According to central water commission sources, the waters of Ganga and Yamuna are fast rising at various places in the state, especially at Palia Kalan, Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar.
Meanwhile, the MeT department here has forecast rain and thundershowers at many places over west Uttar Pradesh and at a few places in the state`s east in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Honorary Fellowship awarded to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in UK
- MSc-PhD in chemical, molecular biology to be offered by IIT-Kharagpur, IACS
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley cuts short China visit
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has moved on already! Here's proof
- Last rites of martyred CRPF inspector performed in Thiruvananthapuram