Rains lash UP, water level rises in Ganga, Yamuna
Lucknow: Most parts of Uttar Pradesh received moderate to heavy rains and thundershowers on Monday leading to a rise in the water level of the Ganga and Yamuna.
While Sambhal and Rath received the maximum amount of rainfall at 13 cm each, Garotha, Banda and Moradabad recorded 11 cm each, Bilari 10 cm, Hasanpur 8 cm, Bidhuna and Moth 7 cm each, Jalalabad 6 cm and Etawah, Chillaghat and Hamirpur 5 cm each.
According to central water commission sources, the waters of Ganga and Yamuna are fast rising at various places in the state, especially at Palia Kalan, Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar.
Meanwhile, the MeT department here has forecast rain and thundershowers at many places over west Uttar Pradesh and at a few places in the state`s east in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred