Rains, thundershowers continue in UP
Lucknow: Rains and thundershowers continued on Sunday in Uttar Pradesh, where major rivers are flowing near the danger level.
Muhammdi received 10 cm, followed by Faizabad at 8 cm, Baheri and Deoband 7 cm each and Moradabad 6 cm each, MeT officials said.
Central Water Commission officials said Ganga is nearing the red mark at Fatehgarh and was rising all through the course from Kannauj to Ballia, while Yamuna was very near the danger mark at Mathura.
Sharda continues to flow above the red mark at Palia Kalan and Ghaghra at Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar. Kuano river has crossed the danger level at Chandradeepghat in Gonda.
Rapti and Burrhi Rapti are also flowing very near the red mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad