Raj Babbar loses cool, slams cops for videographing him
Ghaziabad: A livid Congress candidate Raj Babbar on Monday lashed out at cops for videoraphing him during his campaign in Vijay Nagar area of Ghaziabad here.
Actor-turned-politician Babbar, the congress candidate for Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency, lost his cool when he was addressing a gathering in a house located in Vijay Nagar area.
When Babbar was speaking to local residents, he noticed some policemen, including a sub-inspector, videographing him which made him angry.
"Jo aparad karne wale hain, unko to rokenge nahi.. Sharam nahi aati hai inko.. Aye din Ghaziabad ka naam badnam ho raha..Topi aur wardi pahane ke ghum rahen hain ye log (They (policemen) don`t nab those involved in crime...They should be ashamed of themselves. The image of Ghaziabad is deteriorating day by day, despite this they wear the uniform," Babbar said.
Babbar said that he was not a criminal that policemen should videograph him during campaigning.
"Can I not appeal for votes in a house?, Am I a thief or criminal? And is any case against me? So, why have they come to videograph me?" he asked.
Meanwhile, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of Ghaziabad Dharmendra Singh said that an investigation into this matter has been ordered.
"We have seen video of the whole event. We have ordered a probe into this matter. If Raj Babbar is found guilty, strict action would be taken against him," SSP told PTI.
Yesterday, an FIR was also lodged against BSP candidate from Ghaziabad Mukul Upadhyay for using loudspeakers at a meeting in Nasirpur in violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH