Raja Bhaiya and Gopalji shifted to Bareilly jail
Pratapgarh (UP): Independent MLA Raghuraj
Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya and Samjawadi Party MLC Akshay
Pratap Singh, arrested on charges of threatening a BSP worker,
were on Sunday transferred to Bareilly jail.
Raja Bhaiyya and his cousin Akshay Pratap Singh alias
Gopalji have been shifted to Bareilly prison this evening on
the directives of the higher authorities, Jail superintendent
Sohan Lal Gupta said.
Samajwadi Party MP Shailendra Kumar, party MLA Vinod
Saroj, Independent legislator Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja
Bhaiya, and SP MLC Akshay Pratap Singh alias Gopalji were
among 11 people arrested on December 19.
The arrests followed after an FIR was registered in a
police station on a complaint of Manoj Kumar Shukla, the BSP
candidate for Babuganj block head post.
The arrested were produced before a court which had
sent them to 14-day judicial custody.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had denounced the
arrest of the four lawmakers saying the ruling BSP was trying
to terrorise its workers to win local bodies polls.
Vinod Saroj had lodged a counter FIR against Shukla
and 20 others.
Raja Bhaiya and others had moved an application before
the chief judicial magistrate on December 24, requesting to be
not shifted from the local jail as they face threat from the
ruling Mayawati government.
The application was moved before CJM Manjula Sarkar by
Raja Bhaiya, Kumar, Saroj and Singh and others. The matter
will come up for hearing before the court on January 3,
Earlier, a court had rejected interim bail application
of Raja Bhaiya and 10 others including SP MP and legislators.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living