Raja Bhaiya and Gopalji shifted to Bareilly jail
Pratapgarh (UP): Independent MLA Raghuraj
Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya and Samjawadi Party MLC Akshay
Pratap Singh, arrested on charges of threatening a BSP worker,
were on Sunday transferred to Bareilly jail.
Raja Bhaiyya and his cousin Akshay Pratap Singh alias
Gopalji have been shifted to Bareilly prison this evening on
the directives of the higher authorities, Jail superintendent
Sohan Lal Gupta said.
Samajwadi Party MP Shailendra Kumar, party MLA Vinod
Saroj, Independent legislator Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja
Bhaiya, and SP MLC Akshay Pratap Singh alias Gopalji were
among 11 people arrested on December 19.
The arrests followed after an FIR was registered in a
police station on a complaint of Manoj Kumar Shukla, the BSP
candidate for Babuganj block head post.
The arrested were produced before a court which had
sent them to 14-day judicial custody.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had denounced the
arrest of the four lawmakers saying the ruling BSP was trying
to terrorise its workers to win local bodies polls.
Vinod Saroj had lodged a counter FIR against Shukla
and 20 others.
Raja Bhaiya and others had moved an application before
the chief judicial magistrate on December 24, requesting to be
not shifted from the local jail as they face threat from the
ruling Mayawati government.
The application was moved before CJM Manjula Sarkar by
Raja Bhaiya, Kumar, Saroj and Singh and others. The matter
will come up for hearing before the court on January 3,
Earlier, a court had rejected interim bail application
of Raja Bhaiya and 10 others including SP MP and legislators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city