Raja Bhaiya and Gopalji shifted to Bareilly jail
Pratapgarh (UP): Independent MLA Raghuraj
Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya and Samjawadi Party MLC Akshay
Pratap Singh, arrested on charges of threatening a BSP worker,
were on Sunday transferred to Bareilly jail.
Raja Bhaiyya and his cousin Akshay Pratap Singh alias
Gopalji have been shifted to Bareilly prison this evening on
the directives of the higher authorities, Jail superintendent
Sohan Lal Gupta said.
Samajwadi Party MP Shailendra Kumar, party MLA Vinod
Saroj, Independent legislator Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja
Bhaiya, and SP MLC Akshay Pratap Singh alias Gopalji were
among 11 people arrested on December 19.
The arrests followed after an FIR was registered in a
police station on a complaint of Manoj Kumar Shukla, the BSP
candidate for Babuganj block head post.
The arrested were produced before a court which had
sent them to 14-day judicial custody.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had denounced the
arrest of the four lawmakers saying the ruling BSP was trying
to terrorise its workers to win local bodies polls.
Vinod Saroj had lodged a counter FIR against Shukla
and 20 others.
Raja Bhaiya and others had moved an application before
the chief judicial magistrate on December 24, requesting to be
not shifted from the local jail as they face threat from the
ruling Mayawati government.
The application was moved before CJM Manjula Sarkar by
Raja Bhaiya, Kumar, Saroj and Singh and others. The matter
will come up for hearing before the court on January 3,
Earlier, a court had rejected interim bail application
of Raja Bhaiya and 10 others including SP MP and legislators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack