Raja Bhaiya inspects jails, suspend officers
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh minister for jails
Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya on Saturday suspended jail superintendent and deputy jailor of a prison as food in the jail was found to be below the specified standards.
Singh also inspected two other jails here.
In a surprise visit of "nari bandigrah" here, Singh found
the food being provided to the inmates below the specified
norms and standards, sources said.
The minister also took a serious note of complaints that
the inmates were not being provided things of their daily
requirement in the prison, sources said.
The Kunda MLA ordered suspension of jail superintendent
Amita Dubey and deputy jailor Anjani Kumar Gupta.
The minister found anomalies in the construction and
sanitation works in the other jails also, and directed
officials to ensure that the inmates are provided with proper
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!