Raja Bhaiya inspects jails, suspend officers
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh minister for jails
Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya on Saturday suspended jail superintendent and deputy jailor of a prison as food in the jail was found to be below the specified standards.
Singh also inspected two other jails here.
In a surprise visit of "nari bandigrah" here, Singh found
the food being provided to the inmates below the specified
norms and standards, sources said.
The minister also took a serious note of complaints that
the inmates were not being provided things of their daily
requirement in the prison, sources said.
The Kunda MLA ordered suspension of jail superintendent
Amita Dubey and deputy jailor Anjani Kumar Gupta.
The minister found anomalies in the construction and
sanitation works in the other jails also, and directed
officials to ensure that the inmates are provided with proper
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef