Raja Bhaiya inspects jails, suspend officers
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh minister for jails
Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya on Saturday suspended jail superintendent and deputy jailor of a prison as food in the jail was found to be below the specified standards.
Singh also inspected two other jails here.
In a surprise visit of "nari bandigrah" here, Singh found
the food being provided to the inmates below the specified
norms and standards, sources said.
The minister also took a serious note of complaints that
the inmates were not being provided things of their daily
requirement in the prison, sources said.
The Kunda MLA ordered suspension of jail superintendent
Amita Dubey and deputy jailor Anjani Kumar Gupta.
The minister found anomalies in the construction and
sanitation works in the other jails also, and directed
officials to ensure that the inmates are provided with proper
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India