Raja Bhaiya inspects jails, suspend officers
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh minister for jails
Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya on Saturday suspended jail superintendent and deputy jailor of a prison as food in the jail was found to be below the specified standards.
Singh also inspected two other jails here.
In a surprise visit of "nari bandigrah" here, Singh found
the food being provided to the inmates below the specified
norms and standards, sources said.
The minister also took a serious note of complaints that
the inmates were not being provided things of their daily
requirement in the prison, sources said.
The Kunda MLA ordered suspension of jail superintendent
Amita Dubey and deputy jailor Anjani Kumar Gupta.
The minister found anomalies in the construction and
sanitation works in the other jails also, and directed
officials to ensure that the inmates are provided with proper
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur