Raja Bhaiya offers to surrender before court in 2009 case
Pratapgarh: Independent MLA Raghuraj
Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, currently lodged in Bareilly
jail on charges of threatening a BSP supporter during the
recent Panchayat elections, on Saturday moved an application in a
local court offering to surrender in a 2009 case.
The counsel of Raja Bhaiya Jaibhan Singh, who moved
the application on his behalf, said the court has directed
that the MLA be produced on January 27 in connection with a
2009 case pertaining to alleged violation of Civil Aviation
During 2009 Lok Sabha elections, Raja Bhaiya along
with two of his associates Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and Captain
Ramesh Chand Ramnani, were flying in his personal aircraft
when it had met with an accident near Dheemi village in
Hathgava police station area and a case was filed against the
three, Jaibhan Singh said.
Chargesheet in the case was filed in the court of the
judicial magistrate, Ravindra Nath Gupta on March 31, 2010
and despite several summons, no arrest had been made in this
connection so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre