Raja Bhaiya offers to surrender before court in 2009 case
Pratapgarh: Independent MLA Raghuraj
Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, currently lodged in Bareilly
jail on charges of threatening a BSP supporter during the
recent Panchayat elections, on Saturday moved an application in a
local court offering to surrender in a 2009 case.
The counsel of Raja Bhaiya Jaibhan Singh, who moved
the application on his behalf, said the court has directed
that the MLA be produced on January 27 in connection with a
2009 case pertaining to alleged violation of Civil Aviation
During 2009 Lok Sabha elections, Raja Bhaiya along
with two of his associates Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and Captain
Ramesh Chand Ramnani, were flying in his personal aircraft
when it had met with an accident near Dheemi village in
Hathgava police station area and a case was filed against the
three, Jaibhan Singh said.
Chargesheet in the case was filed in the court of the
judicial magistrate, Ravindra Nath Gupta on March 31, 2010
and despite several summons, no arrest had been made in this
connection so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi