Raja Bhaiya offers to surrender before court in 2009 case
Pratapgarh: Independent MLA Raghuraj
Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, currently lodged in Bareilly
jail on charges of threatening a BSP supporter during the
recent Panchayat elections, on Saturday moved an application in a
local court offering to surrender in a 2009 case.
The counsel of Raja Bhaiya Jaibhan Singh, who moved
the application on his behalf, said the court has directed
that the MLA be produced on January 27 in connection with a
2009 case pertaining to alleged violation of Civil Aviation
During 2009 Lok Sabha elections, Raja Bhaiya along
with two of his associates Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and Captain
Ramesh Chand Ramnani, were flying in his personal aircraft
when it had met with an accident near Dheemi village in
Hathgava police station area and a case was filed against the
three, Jaibhan Singh said.
Chargesheet in the case was filed in the court of the
judicial magistrate, Ravindra Nath Gupta on March 31, 2010
and despite several summons, no arrest had been made in this
connection so far.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!