Raja Bhaiya re-inducted to manage Thakur votes, alleges Vinay Katiyar
Kanpur: BJP on Friday slammed the Uttar Pradesh government for re-inducting Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya as Minister, alleging that the independent MP from Kunda was brought in to manage "Thakur" votes in the state.
"The Samajwadi Party government has re-inducted Raja Bhaiya out of compulsion, because it thinks that if Raja Bhaiya gets upset, a wrong message will be sent to the Thakurs, for which it will have to pay in the next Lok Sabha polls," senior BJP leader Vinay Katiyar said when asked about Raja Bhaiya`s re-induction into Akhilesh Yadav Cabinet on Friday.
"The move is aimed only at managing Thakur votes," he alleged.
Katiyar, who was in Kanpur to review preparations for Narendra Modi`s rally, said the move will not help the party during the elections.
Raja Bhaiya was today re-inducted as a minister in the UP government, seven months after he was forced to resign over allegations that he was involved in the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq. He was given a clean chit by CBI, but the DSP`s widow had filed a protest application against it.
He would be allocated a ministry later.
Earlier, Katiyar held a meeting with the party district chief and BJP workers in the district to review the preparations for the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH