Raja Bhaiya re-inducted to manage Thakur votes, alleges Vinay Katiyar
Kanpur: BJP on Friday slammed the Uttar Pradesh government for re-inducting Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya as Minister, alleging that the independent MP from Kunda was brought in to manage "Thakur" votes in the state.
"The Samajwadi Party government has re-inducted Raja Bhaiya out of compulsion, because it thinks that if Raja Bhaiya gets upset, a wrong message will be sent to the Thakurs, for which it will have to pay in the next Lok Sabha polls," senior BJP leader Vinay Katiyar said when asked about Raja Bhaiya`s re-induction into Akhilesh Yadav Cabinet on Friday.
"The move is aimed only at managing Thakur votes," he alleged.
Katiyar, who was in Kanpur to review preparations for Narendra Modi`s rally, said the move will not help the party during the elections.
Raja Bhaiya was today re-inducted as a minister in the UP government, seven months after he was forced to resign over allegations that he was involved in the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq. He was given a clean chit by CBI, but the DSP`s widow had filed a protest application against it.
He would be allocated a ministry later.
Earlier, Katiyar held a meeting with the party district chief and BJP workers in the district to review the preparations for the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi