Raja Bhaiya, wife booked for forgery
Lucknow: Former minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, his wife and three others have been booked on the charge of forgery on a complaint lodged by the legislator`s former aide.
"FIR of forgery has been registered against Raja Bhaiya, his wife Bhanvi Singh and three others at Aliganj police station on Jun 25 by Rajiv Kumar Yadav, who claimed to be his former Public Relations Officer (PRO)", IG, STF, Ashish Gupta, told reporters.
In his FIR, Yadav alleged that when he parted ways with Raja Bhaiya in 2008, his wife Bhanvi took passbook and cheque book of his Allahabad Bank account in Takrohi branch.
According to the FIR, Bhanvi used Yadav`s cheque book to withdraw Rs 11,000 from the account using his fake signature.
Bhanvi, who, the FIR said, worked as adviser in a private sector bank, with the help of Mohit Singh and Monika Singh opened an account in Yadav`s name in an another bank.
Yadav claimed that when he came to know that an account is being operated in bank in his name, he contacted branch manager Wasiullaha but he did not cooperate.
On his complaint, an FIR was registered against Monika, Wasiullaha and Mohit Singh besides Raja Bhaiya and his wife.
The officer said that police is probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured