Rajbhar replaces Maurya as BSP president in UP
Lucknow: The parliamentary board of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Wednesday removed Swami Prasad Maurya as the president of the party’s Uttar Pradesh unit chief.
According to reports, the decision in this regard was taken during a crucial meeting of top BSP MPs and MLAs, which began in the state’s capital this morning.
During the meeting, the BSP MPs endorsed the name of Ramachal Rajbhar to take charge as the new state president of the party from Maurya.
Ever since the Samajawadi Party led by Mulayam Singh Yadav defeated the Mayawati government in the recently concluded Assembly Election, it was speculated that Maurya, a former cabinet minister in the BSP government, and several others will be removed from their posts.
The present reshuffle in the BSP’s rank is part of the organizational restructuring promised by the party supremo Mayawati soon after her party’s electoral debacle.
Maurya is presently the Leader of Opposition in the UP State Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?