Rajbhar replaces Maurya as BSP president in UP
Lucknow: The parliamentary board of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Wednesday removed Swami Prasad Maurya as the president of the party’s Uttar Pradesh unit chief.
According to reports, the decision in this regard was taken during a crucial meeting of top BSP MPs and MLAs, which began in the state’s capital this morning.
During the meeting, the BSP MPs endorsed the name of Ramachal Rajbhar to take charge as the new state president of the party from Maurya.
Ever since the Samajawadi Party led by Mulayam Singh Yadav defeated the Mayawati government in the recently concluded Assembly Election, it was speculated that Maurya, a former cabinet minister in the BSP government, and several others will be removed from their posts.
The present reshuffle in the BSP’s rank is part of the organizational restructuring promised by the party supremo Mayawati soon after her party’s electoral debacle.
Maurya is presently the Leader of Opposition in the UP State Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!