Rajdhani Express mishap: Security tightened in Varanasi zone
Zee Media Bureau/ Deepak Nagpal
Varanasi: A day after the derailment of New Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express near Chapra in Bihar, security has been tightened in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
The measure has been taken in view of the suspicion that the derailment could have been caused due to sabotage by the Maoists.
Alert was sounded in all ten districts of Varanasi zone following a meeting between UP DGP AL Bannerji and Varanasi zone IG Prakash D. That meeting was also attended by other senior district police officials.
Security has been tightened in Naxal-affected Chandauli, Mirzapur and Sonbhadra districts, among others.
While a probe is still underway to ascertain the cause of the derailment that killed four people and injured over 20 others, the decision to up security in Varanasi zone has been taken as a precautonary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you