Rajdhani Express mishap: Security tightened in Varanasi zone
Zee Media Bureau/ Deepak Nagpal
Varanasi: A day after the derailment of New Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express near Chapra in Bihar, security has been tightened in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
The measure has been taken in view of the suspicion that the derailment could have been caused due to sabotage by the Maoists.
Alert was sounded in all ten districts of Varanasi zone following a meeting between UP DGP AL Bannerji and Varanasi zone IG Prakash D. That meeting was also attended by other senior district police officials.
Security has been tightened in Naxal-affected Chandauli, Mirzapur and Sonbhadra districts, among others.
While a probe is still underway to ascertain the cause of the derailment that killed four people and injured over 20 others, the decision to up security in Varanasi zone has been taken as a precautonary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS