Rajesh Talwar files plea against closing Aarushi murder case
Ghaziabad: Rajesh Talwar, father of murdered teenager Aarushi, Monday filed a protest petition in the CBI court here, requesting that the case not be closed as requested by the investigating agency.
In his application, he submitted that he was the "unfortunate parent of Aarushi", who was murdered on the intervening night of May 15-16, 2008.
In his five-point application, Talwar stated that it was a "heinous" crime and "in the interest of justice", the Cebtral Bureau of Investigation (CBI) should not be allowed to close the case.
The CBI`s report seeking closure of the Aarushi Talwar murder case was Monday registered in a court here. The court, however, questioned the agency on its haste to shut the case.
The CBI special court then deferred its hearing in the case.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found murdered under mysterious circumstances in her parents` Jalvayu Vihar apartment in Noida, Delhi`s suburban town in Uttar Pradesh, May 16, 2008. The family`s domestic help, Hemraj, was also found killed on the flat`s terrace a day later.
The CBI on Wednesday moved the Ghaziabad court seeking permission to close the Aarushi murder as an unsolved case on grounds of lack of conclusive evidence.
The closure report has named Aarushi`s dentist father Rajesh Talwar as the lone suspect in the case and said the crime scene was heavily "dressed up", which could only have been done by the parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch